Sunday 23 February 2020

" Sure Thing "  Music by Jerome Kern, words by Ira Gershwin. I have a story to tell regarding this song. On a busy weekday, I was driving on Toronto's broad Avenue Road when this song came on my radio. The voice of Diane Schuur was so clear, natural and convincing that, after 8 bars,  I dangerously pulled over to the side of the busy road to hear the rest of the song. That was 25 years ago but the memory still burns brightly. There is so much great honesty, clarity and artistry in her performance that it never ceases to amaze me. Such is the power of song . That is why I have devoted the last ten year of my life to documenting and sharing my passion with people all over the world thru the miracle of the internet.

 https://youtu.be/satH82RCmMY

No comments:

Post a Comment