Sunday 9 February 2020

" I'' ll Be Around "  A song by Alec Wilder states that people will wait for that special someone who , for now, may be involved with another person. But it bravely ends with the belief that "I'll Be Around when he/she is gone. " Sung by Carol Welsman, her performance is so authentic I asked her if there was an autobiographical aspect influencing her performance. ? She did state that " I think in everyone's life there is a person who you'd wait around for on some level and I did have a personal story from which to draw." That is also true for me personally.
Carol's performance is every bit as good as those recorded byFrank Sinatra, Tony Bennett and Mel Torme and , somehow, conveying even greater  intense emotion.
Guido Basso's flugelhorn accompaniment is equally impassioned and lyrical, so characteristic of his melodic genius.

https://youtu.be/u-bzRePbk4g




No comments:

Post a Comment