Thursday 27 February 2020

" Loving You" Complete, unrestricted love. For the musical " Passion", Stephan Sondheim wrote Loving You. It is a serious dramatic offer of devotion that indicates such passion in " It' Who I am, It's why I live" and ends  convincingly with " And I would die for you ! "  Such heightened emotion is quite rare in love songs and can be sung by either a male or female. I would hazard a guess that any woman would be thrilled by having such words sung to them. ( Most men , like myself, would be unable to express their feelings in so naked a manner.) The melody itself is quite entrancing.
Michael Ball, in a live concert, sings the words with great passion and conviction in a perfect singing/acting performance.
He should make you a believer . I hope you agree. 

https://youtu.be/wjW2o56NwAM

No comments:

Post a Comment