Tuesday 21 January 2020

(I) "Don't get around much anymore."  This Duke Ellington song perfectly describes my current mobility concerns after two hip and one knee replacement and foot problems. This is not a plea for sympathy but a description of the difficulty many old geezers & geezettes face as they age. A cane helps, so does a handicap parking pass and Extra Strength Tylenol. I tend to be able to do many things I have always done but at a much more leisurely pace.

Tony Bennett, who sings the song with Michael Buble, is ten years older than I but still does move pretty well. I guess that singing and painting every day does keep you energetic as well as mobile.

Meanwhile, I have to just "Keep Truckin' since life is grand and music is a great healing force.

https://youtu.be/_XL1vGOLmvM 



No comments:

Post a Comment