Wednesday 19 July 2017

THE VERY THOUGHT OF YOU- Englishman masters Classic American Popular Song

Ray Noble was an English composer, arranger and Bandleader who worked in American on radio  as a musician and actor on the Edgar Bergen and Burns and Allan shows usually playing a silly-ass British twit. He also wrote a number of songs that were very much in the Great American Songbook tradition. Most famous is the tender The Very Thought of You.
I discovered a lovely version sing by Zoe Francis, an American now based in England. She does include the seldom heard verse or introductory segment that sets the
stage for the main chorus that follows.  Noble's words express  a deeply felt love  such as " I see your face before me" I'm living in a kind of daydream"    and "Crazy though I may be, to me, you're everything ! "                                      https://youtu.be/TMfHsrPvITo

No comments:

Post a Comment